Support requests: Helping us help you
If something isn’t working quite right or you’d like to request some assistance from the team at Fastcom, we’re happy to help! If you’re experiencing a problem (such as a failed network connection, blocked email content, an uncooperative application etc.) the best way to get help fast is to log a support request with us.
We use a service ticket system to track our support requests. There are a few different ways to request support and raise a service ticket with us:
- If your email is working, you can send an email to email@example.com
- If your email isn’t working but you can access an internet browser, send us a message via our contact form
- If you have no internet access, just give us a call on 0800 306 318
What information is helpful?
When it comes to troubleshooting and support, the more information we can get from you, the more efficiently we are able to resolve the issue. There are a few key details you can provide that will help us get to the root of the problem faster:
- Your contact details – your name, email address and the best phone number to call you on directly (ideally a mobile or DDI)
- Your company name and region if you have multiple sites
- Clear details about what the issue is, this can
include but is not limited to:
- Screen shots of any error messages (not sure how to supply a screenshot? Check out the end of this blog!)
- The amount of time you have been experiencing the issue (did it just happen? is it intermittent? etc.)
- Have you had the same issue before? (if yes, do you have the ticket number?)
- Any other relevant information that could help
us help you:
- Have you tried restarting your device? (or tried anything else)
- Have you or the company done a software or hardware upgrade recently?
- What operating system you are using (i.e. Windows, Mac OS and version)
What happens next?
Once you’ve submitted your request, you’ll be issued with a ticket number. Quote this number if you need to call us so we can find your query quickly. If the matter is critical, we recommend following up your email or contact form submission with a phone call.
Then the service desk will take a look at your support request and if we have enough information to go on, we will allocate and schedule an engineer to assist you as soon as possible.
If we need more information, a representative from our service desk will contact you for more detail.
We’re here to help
Our friendly service desk is here to help you get the best out of your connection, whichever way you decide to contact us. Although sometimes we may be dealing with multiple issues at once, we’ll do our best to address support requests as quickly as possible.
Helpful tip: How to take a screen shot
If you haven’t taken a screen shot before, don’t panic! Just follow these simple steps:
If you’re using Windows 10
Click the windows icon bottom left of your screen
Type ‘Snip’ and this will bring up the Snipping tool program
Open up Snipping Tool, select ‘New’ then capture the area you wish to show (i.e. an error message). You can adjust the type of screen shot to capture a window or to manually select an area by using the ‘Mode’ dropdown menu. Once you have selected your shot, click the ‘Copy’ icon and paste it into the body of an email.
For further information, take a look at the Microsoft Snipping Tool tutorial.
If you’re using a Mac
Pressing the ‘Command’, ‘Shift’ and ‘3’ keys together will capture a screenshot of your entire screen.
Pressing the ‘Command’, ‘Shift’ and ‘4’ keys together turns the cursor into a crosshair, allowing you to select which portion of your screen you would like to capture. Simply drag your cursor over the area you want to copy.
Once you have selected your shot, click the ‘Copy’ icon and paste it into the body of an email.
If none of the above work for you, please take a photo on your phone and email that through.